Do you want to straighten your teeth but don’t need wires or metal brackets? Invisalign might be the right orthodontic treatment for you. Our Southwood Dental Studio – Fanshawe dentists explain how Invisalign works.
How The Invisalign Treatment Process Works
Invisalign may be the right option for you if your goal is to straighten your smile, but you don’t want traditional metal braces. This is how Invisalign works to straighten your smile over time.
- Invisalign Consultation: Consultation with the London dentists at Fanshawe Park Road is the first step. After you’ve completed the consultation with your dentist, you can start your Invisalign journey towards a straighter smile. Your dentist will need to perform a comprehensive examination of your mouth and teeth during your first Invisalign consultation. This will help determine if Invisalign is the right treatment option. Your dentist can show you a preview of your smile after you have had Invisalign treatment. Your dentist will discuss with you any alternatives and tell you if you are not a candidate for Invisalign.
- Develop a unique treatment plan: After your consultation is over, your dentist will take impressions and scans of your teeth to create a customized treatment plan. An Invisalign treatment plan will be provided that will detail the steps for your treatment over the next few weeks.
- Aligners made to order: After your treatment plan is finalized, scans and/or impressions will be sent to Invisalign’s manufacturing plant. There, your aligners will custom-fit your bite and teeth. SmartTrack(r), a thin, flexible plastic material that is used to make your Invisalign aligners, will be used. Invisalign aligners are free from BPA, BPS, and gluten.
- Invisalign treatment begins: After your custom aligners are made, they will be sent to your dentist so that you can pick them up. Most likely, your dentist will ask you to make an appointment to collect your aligners. Your dentist will most likely fit your aligners, show you how to wear them, and discuss your treatment plan with your. During this visit, you can ask your dentist any questions. A series of short checkups will be performed during your treatment. This will enable your dentist to monitor your progress and help you stay on track.
- Only minimal changes are required: For those who want to make changes but need minimal disruptions, Invisalign is the best option! Your aligners can be removed so you don’t have to change your lifestyle or your oral hygiene routine.
- You can live your life as normal: Invisalign clear aligners are so discreet that no one will notice you’re straightening teeth. Get out there and smile!